Jack turned 8 months old today and we absolutely can't believe it! He is such a joy everyday and I feel so lucky that my job is to care for him (well, him and Jon and the house...). Here is a list of his latest likes and dislikes.
Likes: in addition to the food previously listed- butternut squash with cinnamon, kiwi, pear, mango; dogs (to be explained further, trying to crawl- he drags himself very effectively though, still putting everything in his mouth, grape flavored medicine- we give him Tylenol/Motrin for teething and he gets ecstatic over the grape flavor, flipping and flying around with Daddy, swinging and being outside, jumping up and down, dancing to the radio, taking a bath
Dislikes: getting out of the bath, green beans- it's official now, being away from Mommy- yes, we have entered this phase, getting his diaper changed, being told he can't play with something- like an electrical cord or cell phone
So, we are still teething with no teeth yet appearing. His poor little gums are red and swollen, but still not even a tooth bud. These last couple of days have been pretty rough with him waking up crying form every nap and in the morning, so maybe this will be the worst of it. One can hope... We got him the Sophie giraffe that so many recommended and he does love to chew on it! He has still been sleeping great, so that is a blessing for both him and us.
I went to a Mom's gathering at church last Friday and tried him in the nursery for the first time. He did eat, sleep, and play a little, but they said he cried pretty hard off and on. One lady told me to never go anywhere without his Tigger because it did calm him down. While I was very sad that he was so unhappy, I do like that he is so attached to a comfort item. We did not try the nursery on Sunday, partly because Mommy couldn't take it and partly because Jack wouldn't even let Jon hold him that morning. He has become very attached to me these past couple of days.
Over Mother's Day weekend I made a BIG batch of baby food. I am hoping it is enough to feed him for a little over a month. It came out to about 100 2 oz. servings. He eats about 2 or 2.5 servings a day. It may last a little longer, since sometimes he eats bananas or kiwis instead of fruit from the freezer. It was a lot of work, but I am very happy I did it. It gives him far more variety throughout the weeks than he was getting. I made sweet potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, cauliflower, pears, applesauce, peas, green beans, mangos, summer squash- I think that is it. Some of it he hasn't tried yet, I was just making ahead.
The dog. We went over to a family's house from church last night for small group. They have a very nice and baby-friendly dog, Nemo. Jack LOVED Nemo. Their little girl, Claire, LOVES Nemo as well. They spent about five minutes laughing at Nemo back and forth. Jack petted/grabbed Nemo (who took this all in stride) and laughed the whole time. It was great to see him laugh that much, especially since he had not been too happy throughout the day. I can't wait to see if he does it again next week.
Here is a little bit of the "Nemo" show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMW80xdZaCo
I will post his stats and growth pics a little later today (I haven't done any of that, yet)!
No comments:
Post a Comment